- Organization: Hudson High School
- Causes: Educational
- Date(s): October 31st 7am-noon **If volunteers attend the OCtober 29th orientation at 4:00 OR 5:00pm, they are not needed until 8:00am
- Contact person: Melisa Hansen
- Phone: 715-377-3712
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: hs.hudson.k12.wi.us/site_res_view_folder.aspx?id=79d0d54c-…
We are less than a week away and still need 35 volunteers +
To learn more... read below OR click the following link on a Kare 11 news story....
Raider Reality Store is a financial simulation where high school students are given a mock profile of a possible career and make over twenty decisions about their budgets and lifestyles. The activity is a fun and effective way for students to learn about personal accounting, financial responsibility and life choices, and interact with business people.
The project involves one or more local schools and 75- to 100 local business volunteers. Students receive “paychecks” and random information regarding individual marital status and parenthood. They also receive checkbooks and instructions on making purchases. Business volunteers staff stations around a gymnasium or other large space.
Stations include but are not limited to taxes, financial institutions, real estate, car dealer, daycare, charities, memberships, entertainment, “fate,” government, grocery store, insurance, investments, short-term loans and utilities. There is even a roaming police officer and nurse. Students visit the stations, write checks and are challenged to keep a positive balance in their checking account after a month fixed and variable expenses are paid.
- All juniors participate in the event
- Targets our District Vision for financial literacy
- Students make over 20 financial decisions
- Students connect directly with our business community, community organizations and other volunteers
- The event is an extension of skills and concepts learned through Junior Achievement activities
Help support our event!