Invite a friend
Adalyn's Clare with Kari Dunn Buron. Come meet Clare!
Please come join us for a very special evening. Kari Dunn Buron will be reading from her book: Adalyn's Clare and sharing stories of working with children with special needs. Clare plays a big part as a therapy dog.
About Adalyn's Clare:
By Kari Dunn Buron
Illustrated by Lou Wisniewski
Cheetahs, and wild dogs, and meerkats, and zebras, and antelopes, and elephants. These are some of the animals of Botswana, Africa. Did you know that? Adalyn does.
Adalyn is a very smart but lonely 4th grader who loves animals and science. She is not very good at finding human friends, but she is a whiz at studying science. Adalyn’s best friends are the animals in the science room, which is just about her favorite place in the whole wide world. Adalyn finds most people very confusing and frustrating, which causes her a great deal of worry, and sometimes gets her into trouble.
Clare is a therapy puppy who has been assigned to help Adalyn find friends. This is a big assignment for a 3-month-old puppy, but she doesn’t have to figure it all out on her own. Clare draws support from memories of her own mother’s wisdom; some really caring teachers; and the life lessons of a friendly ferret, 2 very smart rats, an exotic bird, and a three-legged guinea pig. Their stories will entertain, delight and amaze you!
More About Chapter2Books
Located in Hudson, Chapter2Books is a family owned and operated book store which carries a wide variety of genres and titles. A 848 square foot facility, Chapter2Books carries children's books, cook books, fiction, non-fiction, literature and more. For additional product information, be sure to call the telephone number or visit the website provided.
Other events here
- MONDAY MORNING ZOO at Chapter2! Storytime fun Weekly on Mondays, 10:30 am
- Poetry Reading with Evelyn klein Thu, May 23, 7:00 pm
- Music and more with bestselling, local author Dan Woll Fri, May 31, 6:00 pm
- Summer Travel Discussion with Bestselling Author Dennis McCann, Author Of Badger Boneyards and new release This Superior Place Sat, Jun 1, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Book Discussion With Edgar Award Winner David Housewright Fri, Jun 7, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Are You Headin To The Cabin? Stop Here First, meet and greet with Rob Bignell Sat, Jun 8, 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- SPECIAL SILLY SATURDAY WITH STEPHEN SHASKAN Sat, Jun 15, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Bird Bonanza With The One And Only Birdchick Thu, Jun 20, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm