Invite a friend
City of Hudson Common Council Meeting
CITY OF HUDSON COMMON COUNCIL AGENDA (7 p.m., Nov. 12, 2012)
I. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance.
II. Clerk’s roll call.
III. Comments and suggestions from citizens present.
IV. Consent agenda items. (Items marked with “C”)
V. Consideration of previous meeting minutes. (Regular meeting minutes and Closed Session minutes of 10/22/12) “C”
VI. Reports of Standing Committees:
A. PLAN COMMISSION (11/08/12)
1. Review and consider extension of Conditional Use Permit for storage of flammable or combustible liquids at 2700 Harvey St. – Grammer, Inc. “C”
2. Review and consider extension of a Conditional Use Permit for a vehicle repair garage at 1300 Gateway Circle – Matt Briggs/Briggs Auto Service. “C”
3. Subdivision review, 201 Carmichael Road, two certified survey maps west of Carmichael Road – Chris Hanson/Hanson Bros XII, LLC.
4. Application for rezoning 16.16 acres at 2221 Crest View Drive (former travel information center) from PUB, Public or Quasi-public to B-2, General Business District and to amend the 2009 City of Hudson Comprehensive Plan 2030 Master Plan Map land use designation from Public to General Commercial – Hudson Center LLC/David Robson.
B. FINANCE COMMITTEE (10/22/12)
1. Minutes of past meeting.
2. Claims. “C”
3. Applications for Operator’s Licenses. “C”
4. Proposed 2013 Budget for Enterprise Funds.
5. Proposal from Ehlers & Associates for a 5-year financial plan.
6. Application of Hudson Hot Air Affair, Inc. for Special Event Permit for February 1-3, 2013.
C. PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE (10/23/12)
1. Consider proceeding with easement documents for the Stonepine Trail, and recommend City Attorney review of the City’s liability for maintaining private property.
2. Consider changes to Municipal Code, Ch. 212-9 A, Ordinance No. 14-12.
3. Consider designating Finance Officer Neil Soltis as Chairperson for the Consultant Selection Committee for the Wisconsin Street Project.
D. PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
E. PARK BOARD
VII. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
A. Update on Projects.
VIII. OLD BUSINESS
IX. NEW BUSINESS
X. CLOSED SESSION
XI. COMMUNICATIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE MAYOR
XII. REPORTS OF CITY OFFICIALS, BOARDS, COMMISSIONS
A. Quarterly report of the Library Director, semi-annual report of the Community Development director, and the 10/23/12 minutes of the Community Access Board. “C”
XIII. COMMUNICATIONS AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS
A. Any Alderperson
B. City Attorney
C. City Administrator
Some agenda items may be taken up earlier in the meeting, or in a different order than listed.
Upon reasonable notice, an interpreter or other auxiliary aids will be provided at the meeting to accommodate the needs of the public. Please contact the City Clerk at 386-4765, Extension 140.
Comments are limited to five (5) minutes; must address items that are not listed on the Council meeting agenda; are limited to issues that have an impact on the City of Hudson, and that the Common Council may address at a future meeting, and must not include endorsements of any candidates or other electioneering. An exception to the five (5) minutes may be made at the discretion of the Council.
More About Hudson City Hall
Hudson City Hall is at the corner of Third Street and Walnut Street in Hudson's historic downtown district. The original City Hall building was built in 1927 and was was expanded in 1992. This building houses many of the city's offices, including the municipal court, mayor's office and city council chambers. The fire department is just across the street and the police department is on Vine Street. Hudson residents visit City Hall most often to pay their water utility bills or inquire about building permits.