Invite a friend
City of Hudson Common Council Meeting
CITY OF HUDSON COMMON COUNCIL AGENDA (7 p.m., Jan. 28, 2013)
I. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance.
A. Oaths: 2 new Police Sergeants.
II. Clerk’s roll call.
III. Comments and suggestions from citizens present.
IV. Consent agenda items. (Items marked with “C”)
V. Consideration of previous meeting minutes. (Regular meeting minutes of 1/14/13) “C”
VI.Reports of Standing Committees:
A. PLAN COMMISSION
B. FINANCE COMMITTEE (1/28/13 – 6:00 p.m.)
1. Claims. “C”
2. Applications for Operator’s Licenses. “C”
3. Applications of Knights of Columbus, St. Croix Council 1762 for Temporary Class “B”/”Class B” Retailer’s licenses to sell beer and wine for Fish Fry events to be held February 22, and Friday March 8, and for a Temporary Class “B” Retailer’s license to sell beer on March 22, 2013, all from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at 1500 Vine Street (lower level of St. Patrick’s Church). “C”
4. Approve wage rate levels for EMT personnel.
5. Approve Public Works 2013 Service Charge Rates. “C”
6. Authorize City engineers to proceed with updates to the City plans and specifications requirements.
7. Consider pay increase for Police Department Casual Call Officers.
C. PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE (1/22/13)
D. PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (1/17/13)
1. Request for St. Croix Animal Friends “Raise the Woof” dog walk on Saturday, June 8, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in Lakefront Park. “C”
2. Request for “Monica Jensen Foundation” foot race on Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. in Lakefront Park. “C”
3. Request for “Les Berg Memorial 5K” walk/run on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. in Lakefront Park. “C”
E. PARK BOARD
VII. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
VIII. OLD BUSINESS
X. CLOSED SESSION
XI. COMMUNICATIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE MAYOR
A. Appointment to Community Access Board.
XII. REPORTS OF CITY OFFICIALS, BOARDS, COMMISSIONS
A.Quarterly reports of the Police Chief, Fire Chief, and Building Inspector, monthly report of the Finance Officer, and the 1/16/13 minutes of St. Croix E.M.S. Commission. “C”
XIII. COMMUNICATIONS AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS
A. Any Alderperson
B. City Attorney
C. City Administrator
More About Hudson City Hall
Hudson City Hall is at the corner of Third Street and Walnut Street in Hudson's historic downtown district. The original City Hall building was built in 1927 and was was expanded in 1992. This building houses many of the city's offices, including the municipal court, mayor's office and city council chambers. The fire department is just across the street and the police department is on Vine Street. Hudson residents visit City Hall most often to pay their water utility bills or inquire about building permits.