Invite a friend
*Postponed* Deborah Padgett reading from her novel: The Sea In Winter
**Postponed due to snow. Will be rescheduled.**I know I start a lot of these posts with "take a break from the holiday crazies"...but I mean it. Again, take a break from the season of running around and join us as we welcome artist and author Deborah Padgett.
Deborah is bringing tea and scones so that will be reason enough. But wait, there's more! Deborah will read from her latest novel, The Sea In Winter. Quality, local fiction would make a wonderful gift for anyone on your list. Just sayin....
Deborah McWatters Padgett has been writing and painting her entire adult life. Her background includes a concentration in Literature from the University of Minnesota and a participating membership in the Loft Center for Literary Arts. Her instructors have included Alexs Pate, Faith Sullivan, Jonis Agee, Mary Gardener, Carol Bly and Patricia Weaver Francisco. She is a lifelong avid reader of literary and commercial fiction. Reading has served as primary educator to her writing. Her first novel, SOLVING LONELY, was published by LULU Press in 2011. Her short fiction has appeared in SPOUT, GYPSY CAB and SING HEAVENLY MUSE. Her essays and articles have been published in national and regional arts publications, as well as, Ceramics Monthly, Ceramics Art and Perception, (Australia) and in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. She currently writes a monthly column titled “Living, Loving & Laughing…. Dear Deb”, for Saint Paul, Minnesota’s non-profit COMMUNITY REPORTER. She is mother to four grown children and grandmother to twenty-one. Her work celebrates the ordinary and attempts to hold dear the present moment in all its joy and sorrow. Deborah lives with her husband, ceramic artist and emeriti professor of art, Michael Padgett in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
More About Chapter2Books
Located in Hudson, Chapter2Books is a family owned and operated book store which carries a wide variety of genres and titles. A 848 square foot facility, Chapter2Books carries children's books, cook books, fiction, non-fiction, literature and more. For additional product information, be sure to call the telephone number or visit the website provided.
Other events here
- MONDAY MORNING ZOO at Chapter2! Storytime fun Weekly on Mondays, 10:30 am
- Music and more with bestselling, local author Dan Woll Fri, May 31, 6:00 pm
- Summer Travel Discussion with Bestselling Author Dennis McCann, Author Of Badger Boneyards and new release This Superior Place Sat, Jun 1, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Book Discussion With Edgar Award Winner David Housewright Fri, Jun 7, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Are You Headin To The Cabin? Stop Here First, meet and greet with Rob Bignell Sat, Jun 8, 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- SPECIAL SILLY SATURDAY WITH STEPHEN SHASKAN Sat, Jun 15, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Bird Bonanza With The One And Only Birdchick Thu, Jun 20, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm