Invite a friend
Local Author Lisa Bodenheim
Local author Lisa Bodenheim will be signing copies of her book: Disturbing Complacency.
Born in Wabasha, Minnesota, along the Mississippi River valley, Lisa Bodenheim currently lives in the suburbs of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. Having first spent a few years in the social work field, she has now been a pastor in the United Church of Christ for 16 years serving small churches in Minnesota and Wisconsin. During that time, Lisa spent 10-days on a study journey to learn about globalization, macro-economics, and Mayan Christianity in San Cristobal de las Casas in the southern state of Chiapas, Mexico. And for two years, Lisa worked for the Iona Community, living in ecumenical, international community at the Abbey on the Isle of Iona in Scotland.
Written from a progressive and eco-justice oriented Christianity, "Disturbing Complacency" contains daily readings for the Christian season preceding Christmas. These structured readings challenge us to respond faithfully to the concerns we have today about creation, the Bible, money, the life of Jesus, and nationalism. After writing for a United Church of Christ's online resource, the author continues to work on her next book.
More About Chapter2Books
Located in Hudson, Chapter2Books is a family owned and operated book store which carries a wide variety of genres and titles. A 848 square foot facility, Chapter2Books carries children's books, cook books, fiction, non-fiction, literature and more. For additional product information, be sure to call the telephone number or visit the website provided.
Other events here
- Poetry Reading with Evelyn klein Today, May 23, 7:00 pm
- MONDAY MORNING ZOO at Chapter2! Storytime fun Weekly on Mondays, 10:30 am
- Music and more with bestselling, local author Dan Woll Fri, May 31, 6:00 pm
- Summer Travel Discussion with Bestselling Author Dennis McCann, Author Of Badger Boneyards and new release This Superior Place Sat, Jun 1, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Book Discussion With Edgar Award Winner David Housewright Fri, Jun 7, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Are You Headin To The Cabin? Stop Here First, meet and greet with Rob Bignell Sat, Jun 8, 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- SPECIAL SILLY SATURDAY WITH STEPHEN SHASKAN Sat, Jun 15, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Bird Bonanza With The One And Only Birdchick Thu, Jun 20, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm