What is a USDA Home Loan?
A USDA Guarantee Home Loan is a government insured loan, which is issued and serviced by a lender. USDA mortgages have become popular in many states because they offer a number of advantages over FHA and Conventional loans which include:
- Zero money down purchases
- Under lower income limits, you could have the option of a 1% interest rate and deferred financing
- No mortgage insurance(huge savings on your monthly payment!)
- Flexible credit criteria
- Seller paid closing costs
- No restrictions on previous home ownership
- 100% of the purchase price can be financed, as well as the 3.5% Guarantee Fee, which the government charges to conduct the program
- Borrowers should also know that the USDA allows for 102% financing of the appraised value, which is a great tool for financing closing costs
- USDA Mortgages are available in all of St. Croix and Pierce Counties
Many buyers out there today are wanting to purchase, but they are struggling to come up with the funds to get started. This program along with other savings opportunities currently available can get you into a home with little cash up front! Also, with a USDA Loan you will have a lower monthly payment than the standard FHA Loan. For more info on this and other savings opportunities you can contact me with questions.
Brian Webb is a proud Homes for Heroes affiliate for St. Croix Valley. He represents clients in Hudson, River Falls, Stillwater, Woodbury, Oakdale, Cottage Grove, and surrounding Twin Cities Areas! He assists with buying, selling, investing, and property management of your home! He offers free advice and consulting services, contact him at HudsonRiverFallsHomes.com