How to remove window frosting?
Window frosting works like a sticker. Due to wear and tear, the frosting does not look good on the window glass and the time comes to remove it. But how do you remove window frosting is a big question. Below are some of the easy ways that shows how to remove window frosting:
- The corner of the window frosting needs to be heated up with a hair dryer.
- You have to pull the corner of the frosting with your fingers. You can also use a razor blade to pull the frosting away.
- The edge of the window frosting which you are peeling away needs to be heated up simultaneously. You have to continue the heating and peeling process until the window frosting comes out completely.
- All residue of adhesive has to be scrubbed away with rubbing alcohol.
- Next comes the cleaning of the windows with window cleaner spray.
How to Remove Window Frosting Spray?
Window frosting spray is a thin layer of paint that is applied to make the glass opaque. Generally it is used on bathroom windows. In due course of time, the frosting may peel off and you need to remove all of it.
Below are the steps which will guide you how to remove window frosting spray:
- The glass needs to be sprayed with glass cleaner. This will help in lubricating the glass surface so that you don’t have to scratch the glass.
- Scrape it off with a sharp razor blade that is held at about 15-degree angle to the glass. At this steep angle, it just strips the old paint off and doesn't harm the glass at all.
- The glass is to be wiped up periodically to check your progress. Use as much glass cleaning solution as needed to make the glass wet.
- At last, clean the glass with a glass cleaner and wipe it down with a clean cloth.
How to Remove Window Frosting Film?
Window films are fitted for a number of reasons. It blocks the harmful ultra violet rays of the sun and creates privacy. Whether the film in your window needs replacement or you decide to remove it, below steps will guide you how to remove window frosting film easily:
- The best way to remove the film is to spray it with a glass cleaner, preferably a cleaner which generates foam. Then put a piece of trash bag over it, the foam will hold in place and then allow it to soak. Heating the film will speed up the process and glue and film should peel off completely.
- Though removing window film is an easy process but it all depends on how long the film has been on the glass and the type of film that was used.
- If PVC film was used on the window, it can be peeled off with a glass scrapper. Any residue of glue can be removed with soapy water.
- PET films are made of brittle materials that are tough to remove. Wide glass scrapper is used to remove this type of film. PET films are more difficult to remove than PVC films. For more information visit Doorwindowrepairs.com