A fire early Saturday morning destroyed a home at 722 Pine St. N. in North Hudson.
The home is owned by Pamela and Gregory Stene.
Gregory suffered burns as a result of the blaze after he went back into the house, thinking his son was trapped in the basement. But his son had escaped safely.
Gregory was transported to Regions Hospital.
The call came in at about 12:45 a.m. Saturday, according to Fire Chief Jim Frye. It is believed that the bottom of an outdoor metal fireplace burned out, and dumped hot coals onto the deck.A burning ban is in place in the Hudson area.