Ross, on Aug. 1, presented Fire Chief Jim Frye with a plaque that states:
"On behalf of the State of Wisconsin, we offer our appreciation of your dedication to the safety and protection of your community."
The plaque is signed by Gov. Scott Walker and Secretary Ross.
Here is a list of fire calls the Hudson Fire Department responded to from July 30 to Aug. 6:
Tuesday, July 30
- 12:03 p.m. – Firefighters were called to a fire alrm at 2417 Monetary Blvd.
- 6:26 p.m. – A resident reported smoke in the area of Burl Oak Curve.
Thursday, Aug. 1
- 2:06 p.m. – Firefighters were called to a fire alarm at 1005 Pearson Drive.
- 12:16 p.m. – Firefighters responded to a car accident on eastboung I-94 at mile post 10.
- 7:21 p.m. – Firefighters responded to a report of a smoldering stump at 1129 4th St.
- 11:46 p.m. – Firefighters were called to a rollover crash at County Road A and Dorwin Road.
Sunday, Aug. 4
- 2:40 a.m. – Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at 756 Highlander Court
- 1:08 a.m. – Firefighters were called to a report of a sparking transformer at Highway 35 and Hanley
- 1:11 a.m. – Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at 2020 O'Neil Road.