Several high-profile Republicans rallied in at the party's Hudson Victory Center parking lot Saturday in front of hundreds of people in support of presidential candidate Mitt Romney and other GOP candidates.
The early evening event featured the following speakers:
- Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
- U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson
- Former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson
- U.S. Rep. Sean Duffy and his wife Rachel Campos-Duffy
- Former U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman
- Brad Courtney, chairman, Republican Party of Wisconsin
- State Rep. Dean Knudson of Hudson
- Virginia State Rep. Barbara Comstock
- U.S. Rep. Martha Roby of Alabama
Wisconsin is considered a swing state in the presidential race, and it also features a very close races between former Republican Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson and Democratic U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin for Herb Kohl's U.S. Senate seat.
After recent redistricting, Hudson is now in Wisconsin's Seventh Congressional District, and first-term Republican U.S. Rep. Sean Duffy is facing a tough challenge from former Democratic State Sen. Pat Kreitlow.
All the races will be decided on Tuesday, Nov. 6, when voters across the nation head to the polls.
- Pioneer Press: Hudson, Wis.: Republican luminaries make final pitch for Romney
- KARE: Candidates use familiar faces for last minute boost
- Star-Observer: Romney-Ryan Real Recovery Road Rally stops in Hudson
- KMSP: GOP insists Wis. to be critical in White House win
Need more info?: Candidate information, sample ballots, voting information, polling places and more. HUDSON PATCH ELECTION GUIDE