Not everyone in Wisconsin is thrilled about the St. Croix River Crossing Project.
The Star Tribune on Tuesday published a story by Kevin Giles and Andrew Johnson about disgruntled Houlton farmer Ed Gillstrom. Gillstrom's land is in the direct path of what will become an expressway connecting the current Highway 35/64 to the new bridge, and he's concerned about what will be left of his hay fields after the new highway is built.
A quick look at St. Croix County property records shows the apparent path the new highway will take and property owners who likely will be affected.
WHO'S IN THE PATH?
According to 2011 property tax records, the land is owned by the following people and corporations.
- RED: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- BLUE: Edward & Mary Gillstrom
- YELLOW: Peter C., Bridget A. & Paul Lentz
- GREEN: St. Croix Meadows Inc., a corporation based in Cottage Grove
- ORANGE: St. Joseph Development, a corporation based in Lake Elmo
- PURPLE: John E. & Marlene Garner
- BROWN: Keith B. & Peggy L. Nelson