- Bridge support piers in the St. Croix River and its adjacent wetlands;
- Bridge approach in wetlands on the Minnesota side of the river;
- A storm water pond in wetlands in Minnesota;
- Associated road and interchange improvements in wetlands in Minnesota;
- A storm water outfall structure on the Wisconsin side of the river.
The application also requests approval to remove an unused barge unloader facility from the Allen S. King Plant—and redistribute aggregate fill from within the facility cells on the river bottom.
The publication of the application opens a month-long public comment period. The proposed project also requires a permit from the U.S. Coast Guard to construct the bridge itself.
The Corps of Engineers expects to decide on permit by January, according to a KSTP report. MnDOT is expected to start the bid-letting process for work, if the application is approved.