The City of Oakdale offers the following tips to keep roads and plow drivers safe during the snowy season:
- Winter parking restrictions are in place until April 30. During this time, no vehicles may be parked on city streets from 1 to 7 a.m. each day or following a snowfall of 2 inches or more until the full width of the road is cleared.
- When clearing your driveway or walkways, remember not to shovel, blow or plow snow or ice into a city street—regardless of whether your street has already been plowed.
- On trash pick-up day, do not place rubbish and recycling containers in the street or set them out before 5 a.m. Containers need to be placed behind the curb line.
- Children are attracted to mounds of snow, but please keep them from the areas along streets or the middle of cul-de-sacs where vehicles frequent and visibility could be impaired.
- When driving, remain at least 70 feet back from a snowplow.
- Keep a path shoveled to the fire hydrants in your neighborhood so they can be easily accessed by the fire department in the event of an emergency.
- To ensure mail delivery, please clear snow away from the front of your mailboxes.
- Consider assisting elderly or physically challenged neighbors with snow removal.