Video is provided by The River Channel Hudson/North Hudson Community Access Television.
CITY OF HUDSON COMMON COUNCIL AGENDA (7 p.m., Aug. 20, 2012)
I. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance.
II. Clerk’s roll call.
III. Comments and suggestions from citizens present.
IV. Consent agenda items. (Items marked with “C”)
V. Consideration of previous meeting minutes. (Public Hearings and Regular meeting minutes of 8/06/12) “C”
VI. Reports of Standing Committees:
A. PLAN COMMISSION (8/09/12)
1. Certificate of compliance for indoor gun range, 1920 Crest View Drive – John Monson, Bill’s Gun Shop & Range.
B. FINANCE COMMITTEE (8/20/12, 6:00 p.m.)
2. Claims. “C”
3. Applications for Operator’s Licenses. “C”
4. Review bids and consider accepting proposal for the 2012-13 contract for delivery of gasoline and diesel fuel. “C”
5. Request of Azul Tequila for extension of 2012-13 liquor license.
6. Consider squad car purchase and sale/auction of older vehicles.
7. Consider establishing a City policy for recovery of delinquent personal property taxes.
8. Application of Kiwanis Club of Greater Hudson for Temporary Class “B” License to sell beer on 9/8/12 from Noon to 6:00 p.m. at the 2nd Annual River City Block Party, 200 block of Second Street.
C. PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
D. PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (8/09/12)
1. Segway tours from Afton/Lakeland to Lakefront Park. “C”
2. Consider crosswalk markings on Vine Street at Fourth Street. “C”
3. Consider crosswalk signage on West Canyon Drive near Canyon Boulevard. “C”
E. PARK BOARD (8/7/12)
1. Consider closing times for restrooms in all City parks.
VII. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
A. Update on Projects.
VIII. OLD BUSINESS
A. Docks on public property west of First Street between Orange and St. Croix Streets, and storage of dinghies on Dike Road.
IX. NEW BUSINESS
X. CLOSED SESSION
XI. COMMUNICATIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE MAYOR
XII. REPORTS OF CITY OFFICIALS, BOARDS, COMMISSIONS
A. Quarterly reports of the Library Director and Water Utility Director, Annual report of the Assessor, monthly report of the Finance Officer, and Public Utility Commission minutes of 8/14/12. “C”
XIII. COMMUNICATIONS AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS
A. Any Alderperson
B. City Attorney
C. City Administrator
Some agenda items may be taken up earlier in the meeting, or in a different order than listed.
Upon reasonable notice, an interpreter or other auxiliary aids will be provided at the meeting to accommodate the needs of the public. Please contact the City Clerk at 386-4765, Extension 140.
Comments are limited to five (5) minutes; must address items that are not listed on the Council meeting agenda; are limited to issues that have an impact on the City of Hudson, and that the Common Council may address at a future meeting, and must not include endorsements of any candidates or other electioneering. An exception to the five (5) minutes may be made at the discretion of the Council.