If you love tempeh, you will be amazed at how much this tastes like a meat chili. Between the tempeh, pinto beans and cabbage, this quick meal is off the chart in protein.
Barbecue Tempeh Chili
- 2 (8 ounce) packages tempeh, finely crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (I used 1-15 ounce bottle Croix Valley Original Babrecue Sauce)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 4 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
Combine tempeh and barbecue sauce in a large saucepan and brin to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Add beans and 1 1/2 cups water. Simmer for 20 minutes.
For the best flavor, refrigerate overnight. Before serving, toss coleslaw mix with vinegar. Let stand 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, top chili with coleslaw mix.