A fixture on the Hudson scene since 1853 when it was Hendee's Hall, Dick's became a saloon in 1860. In 1867 the building that exists today was constructed. For the most part the facility has remained a saloon throughout the decades. In 1955 Dick Brunelle founded Dick's Bar and operated it until 1978. The current Dick's Bar & Grill opened as a restaurant in 1982, owned by Fred Kremer. Today Fred's son Paul continues the tavern tradition that his late father started.
Dick's offers local and Wisconsin flavors such as deep-fried Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery Cheese Curds, Chicken in a Hubcap, Dick's Traveler's Steak, a Ceasar salad, the Big Richard Burger (in beef or bison), a build-your-own French Dip, Nathan's all-beef kosher hot dogs, sandwiches, wraps and appetizers.
Breakfasts feature complementary orange juice, daily lunch and dinner specials include 99-cent burger night and free appetizers or the taco bar can attract a crowd. Dick's regularly hosts live music, DJs with light shows, game nights and other special events such as Breakfast with Santa.
- Hours: Sun - Thu, 8am - 2am; Fri - Sat, 8am - 2:30am
- Founding Date: 1982 (Building 1860)
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.dicksbargrill.com/menu_appetizers.html
- ATM: Yes
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Burgers
- Features: Breakfast, Dancing, Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Kids' Menu, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Features: DJs, Dance floor, Happy hour, Live music, Outdoor seating
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Bar type: Live Music, Sports bar
- Bar Specialties: Beer, Cocktails, Wine
- Bar Features: Big-screen TVs, Darts, Jukebox, Pool table
- Beer Types: Craft, Domestic, Imported, Microbrew